ESL One Genting 2018: Day 1
ESL One Genting 2018 has been started in Genting, Malaysia. Tournament has a minor-status and prize pool 400.000 USD and 400 Dota Pro Circuit Points.
- Group Stage:
- All sixteen teams are divided into two groups of eight teams each where they play in a double-elimination format
- The opening matches are played in a Bo1 while all other matches are played in a Bo3.
- The top three teams from each group advance to the playoffs:
- The group winners advance to the Semifinals,
- The runner-ups advance to the Quarterfinals,
- where they face the 3rd placed teams of the opposite group.
- Six teams play in a single-elimination format.
- Quarter- and Semifinals are played in a Bo3, the Finals are played in a Bo5
In group A Virtus.pro and Team Secret have eliminated their opponents to the lower bracket. Even if they didnt lose single map, it wasn`t easy way for them.
Team`s Secret best-of-three opponent today was Fnatic. In game 1 Fnatic tried to use push strategy with a Tinker for Abed "Abed" Yusop and Drow Ranger for Jacky "EternalEnvy" Mao, but all their plans were crushed by Yeik "MidOne" Nai Zheng`s Storm Spirit, who were killing Fnatic`s squishy heroes without problems. The second map were more one-sided and at min 22 Fnatic all five heroes were dead and Secret end game.
Costly trade for @FNATIC who finally take down the OD but pay with 4 lives in return! #ESLOnehttps://t.co/RUTJQiyOsP pic.twitter.com/003gyG2K9Z
— ESL Dota2 (@ESLDota2).
Virtus.pro face in their first best-of-three team VGJ.Thunder. VGJ.Thunder was encouraged with glorius victory at Galaxy Battles II where they beat Evil Geniuses in grand finals. However russian team wasnt confused and have shown their best performance in both maps. The first game of the series was a decisive win for VP, who didn't even let VGJ take a kill until after the 10-minute mark. They squad used Roman "RAMZES666" Kushnarev's tanky Dragon Knight to front line and brute force down VGJ's towers, securing mega creeps in just 35 minutes. Game 2 wasnt so easy for Virtus.pro but still ended with dominance of russian squad with 20k net worth lead and crazy Pavel "9pashaebashu" Khvastunov Sand King rampage.
SAND KING RAMPAGE by @9pashka!!! pic.twitter.com/jSRLw3B96j
— ESL Dota2 (@ESLDota2)
Now Virtus.pro and Team Secret will fight in upper bracket final and winner will go to the play-off semi-finals.
ESL One Genting 2018 matches schedule